Thursday, December 4, 2008

Warm Days in December

Photobucket

The high is 60 degrees today...that makes me smile! =) I need the pick me up cause I'm feeling a little down about my vehicle situation. The towing company is coming to pick up the Camry today which is bittersweet. I'm going to end up with a 4runner which I've dreamed about since I was a little kid, but it's sad to see the Camry all beat up with its twisted metal and such. I just need to remind myself that it's better that the car is the shape it's in because it protected me!

Sushi and comedy club tonight for our good friend's birthday! We're seeing Ron Morey. Ever heard of him? I got a chuckle because he said his favorite charity work was buying lots of beer for starving college students. Looking forward to it!

Speaking of charity work...my husband and I decided to forgo Christmas presents to each other this year and find a needy family to help out instead. I have spent HOURS trying to find a website that connects people this way, or an organization that could use some help in a service way. I can't believe I am having so much trouble. I know there are folks out there who could use the help. In addition to helping the family for the holidays, I really want to find a project that I can contribute my time to...at least monthly. I know monetary donations are nice, but I can't help but feel the service aspect of things would be more meaningful to all involved.

How about you? Do you volunteer in your spare time? If so, how did you find the project you're working on?

No comments: